How to get a 6 Pack ]]> ]]>
How to get a 6 Pack the Right Way
While most people focus on just exercise, the truth is that almost all experts agree that proper nutrition and diet is the best way to ditch the excess flab to show off your lean muscle mass underneath. Learning how to get a 6 pack though might be a bit more tricky.
There are many different methods for learning how to get a 6 pack, and all of the experts have their own tips and tricks. You just have to figure out what’s best for you.
Vince Gironda – Crunches and Dieting
Vince Gironda, known as the Iron Guru, didn’t do any sit-ups. He taught hundreds of bodybuilders, celebrities and other individuals to learn how to get a 6 pack without doing any of the moves that some other people were focused on.
His recommendation was a variety of different crunches, including standard crunches, hanging from a pull-up bar and many others. In addition, diet was the real key for how to get a 6 pack. Not everyone agreed with Vince, but he definitely got the job done.
Bill Pearl – Work Everything
Bill Pearl on the other hand, who happened to be a four-time Mr. Universe champion, wrote the “Keys to the Inner Universe” book. In that, he devotes 62 pages to how to get a 6 pack, including more than 200 exercises and variations.
Even at the age of 47, he was voted as being the “best built man in the world” by contemporaries, with a massive, chiseled midsection that was the envy of everyone.
Which Method is best?
These two different approaches can both lead to success when you want to learn how to get a 6 pack. Gironda’s approach was to work the abs in the right way, and to diet to get rid of the fat that blocked them. Pearl built every muscle and increased his total muscle mass, and ate the right way to show off to their maximum effect.
Gironda was a smaller man, fit and trim, muscular and lean. Pearl though was different, tall, very muscled and defined, and basically huge in size. Two different approaches for how to get a 6 pack and two different guys, but both saw great results. For the ultimate ab workout, perform the following exercises, three sets of each.
- Roman Chair Sit-ups: With the Roman Chair, you can safely perform back extensions and sit-ups to target your core muscles.
- Incline Board Crunches: Crunches are partial sit-ups basically, and on an incline they are even more difficult.
- Supine Crunches: Lie down and raise your legs into the air, bending them so your thighs are facing you and your shins are parallel to the floor. Crunch up, touching your left elbow to your right knee and vice-versa, alternating each time.
- Dumbbell Side Bends: Stand up with a dumbbell in each hand, your arms fully extended, and bend at the side and then return to the starting position. Alternate sides and really target your obliques and other core muscles.
- Hanging Leg Raises: Hang from a pull-up bar and raise your knees into your chest while keeping your back straight and avoiding momentum.
- Knee Raises: On a parallel bar or dip machine, raise your knees straight up to your waist and then lower.
This completes your 6 pack ab workout!